Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout

Brewed by Cape Ann Brewing Company, Massachusetts
6.75%ABV

Ok -- maybe it is my Irish roots coming through, but my favorite way to enjoy a pumpkin beer is to turn it into a black and tan. Yes -- that's right. Float the golden, fall essence on top of a dark, creamy Guinness. Well the Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout gives me everything that I want without having to over explain myself to the bartender.

The Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout is a meal in a glass; espresso, coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg glory in a rich, creamy beer good enough to eat.

I sipped its goodness alongside a slice of sweet potato pie and floated away to food/drink coma-ville.

I give this guy an A- for two reasons:

1) It gives this Irish gal all she has been looking for and

2) The beer is not a partay starter, you cannot drink it all night. This is a one-two max brew .. skip dinner and go for the gold. Compare it to red wine, or my inability to hang at my old age, but after two, creamy, delicious beers I was ready to be put to bed.


No comments: